Welcome Aboard!The Kanan Shuttle is the free, practical way to travel to neighborhood schools and residential areas near Kanan Rd. in Oak Park and Agoura Hills. Riders can transfer to Metro Route 161 and LADOT Commuter Express buses at the Thousand Oaks Blvd., Canwood Rd., and Roadside Dr. bus stops for service to surrounding communities. Our shuttles are powered by clean burning natural gas, equipped with security cameras for your safety and bike racks for your convenience. All buses are ADA compliant.
The Kanan Shuttle serves Oak Park High School, Medea Creek Middle School and the residential areas near Kanan Road.
• Vehicles are accessible to people with disabilities
• Vehicles are equipped with bicycle racks (available on a first come, first available basis)
• For safety reasons bikes cannot be transported inside the buses
- Monday - Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 5:40 p.m.
- No Weekend Service
- No service on New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Fourth of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day and Christmas Day.
- For more information on how to ride email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (805) 375-5473.
Items located on the bus will be turned into the administrative office at the City Transportation Center as soon as the bus makes a stop at that location. For buses that do not stop at the City Transportation Center, items found will be turned in no later than 7:00 a.m. the next day.
Rules and Passenger Conduct
The Kanan Shuttle is a free community service. We will not provide service to passengers that engage in the behaviors listed below. Riders who do not follow this code will be subject to suspension of riding privileges, citation or arrest.
• Bullying or rough housing on the shuttle or at bus stops
• Threats of harm, assault, or battery to a driver or passenger
• Verbal abuse or harassment including the use of profanity, intimidation, or altercation with a driver or passenger Read more...
The Kanan Shuttle service is provided by the County of Ventura in partnership with the City of Agoura Hills, Oak Park Unified School District, and the Oak Park County Service Area #4. It is operated by the City of Thousand Oaks.
Call (805) 375-5473 or email: email@example.com
Please submit any trash receptacle concerns/comments to https://www.vcpublicworks.org/report-a-concern/.