Thousand Oaks Transit is committed to providing quality transportation service to enhance the quality of life in the Thousand Oaks community. The last fare increase happened in 2011. Over the last eight years, service operation costs have increased by 50%. To provide better overall service, better align our services with demand, and meet the requirements to receive the necessary funding to support ongoing operations -- the following fare, schedule, and policy modifications are being proposed for Thousand Oak Transit services. Voting on these modification(s) will take place at the Public Hearing before the City Council on October 22nd at 6:00 PM at City Hall, 2100 E. Thousand Oaks Boulevard.
We want to hear your comments about the proposed modifications before voting takes place at the October 22nd City Council meeting.
We encourage you to participate in the Public Hearing before the City Council on Tuesday, October 22 at 6:00 PM at City Hall, 2100 E. Thousand Oaks Boulevard.
PROPOSED FARE MODIFICATIONS:
- $2.00 Regular Fare (currently $1.50)
- $0.50 Senior/Disabled/Medicare Fare (currently $0.75)
- Elimination of free Senior/Disabled/Medicare Fares
- Elimination of day passes (currently a $4.00 pass with extremely low usage)
- Unlimited time-of-use student passes (currently limited by time of use)
- New summer youth pass
- $4.00 Local Dial-A-Ride Fare (currently $3.00)
- $6.00 Inter-city Dial-A-Ride Fare, subject to the approval of participating agencies (currently $5)
- Elimination of on-demand convenience fees
Proposed Fare Modifications Summary Chart
|Current Fares||Proposed Fares|
|Child 5 and under||Free||Free|
|10 ride pass - regular||$12.00||$16.00|
|10 ride pass - S/D/M||$6.00||$4.00|
|1 day pass - Regular||$4.00||Discontinued|
|1 day pass - S/D/M||$2.00||Discontinued|
|7 day pass - Regular||$12.00||$16.00|
|7 day pass - S/D/M||$6.00||$4.00|
|31 day pass - Regular||$42.00||$56.00|
|31 day pass - S/D/M||$21.00||$14.00|
|31 day pass - Student (1-12)*||$21.00||$28.00|
|*6-9a & 1-4p||*Unrestricted|
PROPOSED BUS SERVICE MODIFICATIONS:
- Weekdays 6:00 AM - 7:00 PM (currently 5:00 AM - 8:00 PM)
- Weekends 8:00 AM - 7:00 PM (currently 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM)
- Elimination of up to 28 bus stops (to be determined based on demand)
- Addition of bus stops at select locations (to be determined)
- Most routes will be bi-directional to increase the frequency of service to popular destinations like the Transportation Center, Oaks Mall, and CLU.
Potential Bus Stop Closure List
PROPOSED POLICY MODIFICATIONS:
- Elimination of on-demand services for Dial-A-Ride on weekdays replaced by a “first-available basis” Reservations required for Dial-A-Ride on weekends, minimum 2-hour advance notice.
- Elimination of requirement to obtain an identification pass before using the service.
- Reservation system with service standards the same as a reserved ride (pick-up within 30 minutes of agreed time).
For more information, download this PDF about the Proposed Transit Service Modifications.
Comments can be submitted via the following methods:
- Online survey
- Encuesta en Español
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 805-449-2493
Transit Modifications, c/o Thousand Oaks Transit
2100 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
All comments received by September 15, 2019 will be included in report to City Council.