Landfill Dates take place in April and September
APRIL 19, 2020, 10am to 4pm
SEPTEMBER 20, 2020, 7am to 1pm
Simi Valley Landfill and Recycling Center
2801 Madera Road, Simi Valley
The City of Thousand Oaks is dedicated to maintaining a clean, healthy community. The Free Landfill and Recycling Day gives Thousand Oaks residents a chance to dispose of excess trash at the Simi Valley Landfill and Recycling Center free of charge.
- Open to Thousand Oaks residents only - I.D. is required.
- Be prepared to unload your own materials.
- No late entry.
- No commercial vehicles, waste or materials from landscaping companies will be accepted.
- Residents can bring up to two loads per event.
- Maximum five (5) passenger or pickup tires allowed.
- Please see list of non-acceptable items noted below.
Due to the popularity of this event, please be prepared for wait times that could take up to 90 minutes. To help minimize delays, please follow these simple suggestions:
- Be ready with valid identification to show proof of residency to cashier (driver's license with picture ID or utility bill).
- All loads must be tarped pursuant to California State Law.
- This event is for non-hazardous, residential trash and greenwaste only. Please see the list of waste that is not accepted below.
- All loads are subject to inspection.
- All contractor and commercial vehicles are subject to applicable rates unless prior arrangements have been made.
Materials Not Accepted
- Hazardous Materials - includes but not limited to: batteries, automotive fluids (fuel, antifreeze, oils), paint, lacquer, stain, thinner, varnish, wood preservatives and chemicals of any kind (i.e. pool chemicals, pesticides and week killer)
- Electronic Waste (Televisions, Computer Monitors, Cellphones, etc.)
- Fluorescent Light Tubes and Ballasts
- Water-Soluble Solids (i.e. salt, borax, lye, caustics/acids)
- Biological / Medical Waste
- Empty Hazardous Material Containers
- Septic Tank or Chemical Toilet Waste
- Automobile Bodies
- Radioactive Materials
- Tires on Rims
For More information
- Call Simi Valley Landfill and Recycling Center: (805) 579-7267
- To find out about donating good building materials to the Habitat for Humanity's ReStore and materials accepted, please visit ReStore's donation information page.
- Email City of Thousand Oaks Environmental Programs: GoGreen@toaks.org
- For hazardous waste disposal information, please visit our Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Collection Program web page, where you can register for free HHW drop off at the City's permanent facility.
- For information on local electronics and computer recycling drop-off sites, visit Computers/Electronics Recycling.