Wondering what goes in what bin? Check out our Residential Recycling Guide to find out what goes where, and download our RecycleTO app where you can type in any unwanted item and it will tell you what to do with it.
See the links below for more information on trash and recycling programs:
- Household Hazardous Waste Appointments and Information
- Medicine and Sharps Disposal
- Electronic Waste Disposal
- Free Bulky Item Collection - information about scheduling a free bulky item pick-up with your trash hauler.
- Beverage Container Recycling Centers
- Construction & Demolition Debris
- Bin and Dumpster Rentals
- Document Shredding
- Free Landfill Disposal Day
- Holiday Collection Services
- Neighborhood Cleanup
- Residential Solid Waste Rates
- Reuse/Donation Centers
- Food Waste and Organics Recycling
- Waste Management (formerly GI Industries)
Serving Thousand Oaks & Westlake Areas
Telephone: (805) 522-9400
Web Site: www.wm.com
- EJ Harrison (formerly Newbury Disposal)
Serving Newbury Park & Dos Vientos Areas
Telephone: (800) 418-7274
Web Site: http://www.ejharrison.com/
Curbside Collection Guidelines
- Trash, recycling and yard trimmings carts may be placed at the curb after 6:00 p.m. the day before your regular collection day, and up to midnight on the day of collection. Thousand Oaks Municipal Code requires that carts be stored out of general public view at all other times.
- When placing carts curbside, set them at least three feet apart and six feet from parked cars, mailboxes, or other obstructions (see diagram below).
- Cart handles and wheels should face toward your home.
- Cart lids must be down for collection.
- Carts may not be serviced if they are over-filled or exceed maximum container weight, are inaccessible, or contaminated with unacceptable material.
- Carts must be filled so that material will fall freely when serviced.
Additional Trash and Recycling Information
- Senior Discount: Individuals at least 62 years of age that are head of household are eligible for a $3.00 reduction off the basic rate. For details, contact your service provider.
- Service Level Discounts: Reduced levels of service are available for smaller households with limited waste collection needs. Contact your service provider for additional information and to make adjustments to your service.