Email l T. (805) 491-8121
9600 Santa Rosa Road,
Access by Hill Canyon Road
Set amidst the natural beauty of City owned open space (approximately 60 acres), the modern Hill Canyon Wastewater Treatment Plant (HCTP) provides wastewater treatment for the City of Thousand Oaks.
- HCTP is a 14 million gallon per day capacity wastewater treatment plant serving the residents of Thousand Oaks.
- HCTP currently treats an average of 8.5 million gallons of wastewater per day generated from its domestic, commercial, and industrial customers.
- The incoming wastewater is treated to an advanced tertiary level, which renders it suitable for unrestricted reuse.
Our staff of technologically proficient chemists, state-certified operators, control technologists, mechanics, and administrative support staff works diligently to insure environmental compliance is achieved in an economical and efficient fashion.
HCTP is well known for its process optimization, energy management, and sustainability efforts.
- In 2014, the City Council's goal that 100% of HCTP's energy usage be generated by onsite renewable energy projects was met . HCTP now routinely meets that goal.
- HCTP effluent is recycled for agricultural irrigation and local landscaping projects.
- Revenue, typically 600-800K annually, from the sale of the effluent resource helps keep monthly sewer service charges low for our citizens.
HCTP is viewed by City leadership and our Citizens as a true environmental asset.
Tour of HCTP: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvD0L2Gn5zg
100% Renewable Energy Celebration Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aepKmQWIY0w
Other Services Provided: