Engineering & Traffic

Share & Bookmark, Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

The Development Engineering Division 

The Development Engineering Division ensures that all construction for new development projects and work in the public right-of-way complies with adopted codes and engineering standards. It is responsible for subdivision and other land development engineering and for all Public Works inspection activities, including encroachments within City rights-of-way, project conditioning, plan checking, issuing permits for construction, inspection of new construction, and maintenance of maps and records of improvements.

The City of Thousand Oaks actively makes the necessary changes in compliance with the American with Disabilities Act (ADA).  The City's ADA Transition Plan applies to facilities located in the City of Thousand Oaks Street Right of Way.

For more information, please contact the Public Works Department at (805) 449-2400, or via e-mail at

 Service                               Staff Contact                E-mail                                  Phone                 
General inquiries, water/ wastewater, property information, utility location  Public Works  (805) 449-2400
Encroachment Permits  Edgar Gonzalez  (805) 449-2429
Land Development Project Engineering Support  Eugenie Norman  (805) 449-2400
Survey and Subdivision Mapping  Nahid Dey  
Flood plain, FEMA, NPDES,  Hydrology/Hydraulics  Jim Taylor  


Traffic Engineering Division

The Traffic Engineering Division functions include assessment of neighborhood traffic concerns, implementing corrective measures to enhance vehicle, bicycle and pedestrian safety, management of the operation, preventive maintenance and repair of City-owned traffic signal equipment, conducting traffic counts and speed surveys. 


 Service                               Staff Contact                E-mail                                  Phone                 
Traffic signage, striping, and traffic counts  Bradley Ackart  (805) 449-2436
Traffic signals, traffic timing, and traffic control plans  Robert Sweeting  (805) 449-2438
Traffic Commission, speed hump requests, and general inquiries  Jim Mashiko  (805) 449-2418
Transportation planning, bicycle planning, and traffic  mitigation fees  Mark Bueno  (805) 449-2416


Oversized Load/Transportation Permitting: Please click here Oversized Load/Transportation Permit