- Residents and businesses affected will be in the neighborhood of Thousand Oaks Blvd from Skyline Drive to Conejo School Road in Thousand Oaks.
- The work includes constructing a roadway pavement section, sidewalks, curb, and gutter, reconstructing curb ramps, removals of existing crosswalks and constructing new crosswalks with flashing beacons, street lighting facilities, signing, and striping, traffic control, and all appurtenant work to complete the project.
- December 2023 through November 2024
BUDGET & TIMELINE
- The construction contract has been awarded to Toro Enterprise, Inc., from Oxnard, CA.
- The Project was funded in the Federal HSIP Grant Funds, Adopted FY 2023-24 City General Fund Capital Budget, Developer Fee, and $30 K of TOBA contribution.
PROJECT HIGHLIGHTS & BENEFITS
- The TOB Curbs and Pedestrian Crossing Improvements Project addresses pedestrian crossings at the intersections of TOB and Live Oak Street and at TOB and Oakview Drive.
- According to the City’s Corridor Pedestrian Safety Study on TOB, from Conejo School Road to Skyline Drive adjacent to the downtown area, the public outreach surveys from June through July 2018, and public meetings conducted in July 2018, the consultant recommended consolidating the two existing crosswalks at the intersections of TOB and Live Oak Street and TOB and Oakview Drive into one mid-block crosswalk between the two intersections with pedestrian-activated flashing devices to alert oncoming traffic to the presence of a pedestrian looking to cross TOB to expand the public safety within the central core of the City’s downtown commercial district.
MAP OF PROJECT AREA
- Streets will have partial lane closures, and some will have full road closures accessible to residents only and non-residents in the area will be detoured to their destinations. Businesses will be notified of the 72-hour advance notification for any full road closures.
- There will be temporary traffic control restrictions and extra delays due to construction. The public should allow for extra time and exercise caution while traveling and walking through the construction.
- No Parking Signs will be posted 72 hrs. in advance of the work. Residents will be notified 7 days in advance of the work.
- All public are encouraged to use alternative routes to avoid the construction area during construction to minimize the impact.
- Suggested route: Los Feliz Road (Conejo School Road to Skyline Drive) & Willow Lane (Conejo School Road to Hampshire Street)
PROJECT MANAGER & CONTACTS
Keith Lane, Construction Inspector
firstname.lastname@example.org (805) 449-2467
email@example.com (805) 449-2396