Tara Reservoir Improvements, CI 5290
The Public Works Department of the City of Thousand Oaks will be rehabilitating the existing 3.8MG steel water tank by removing and replacing the interior and exterior coating and performing structural repairs and other miscellaneous improvements. The project is located at the Tara Reservoir Tank, 2865 Allyson Court.
February 2020 – August 2020
$1.9M Construction (estimated) funded by Water Enterprise Funds.
The project will improve the structural integrity of the reservoir by removing corrosion, performing structural repairs, recoating the interior and exterior of the tank and constructing seismic retrofits. Additionally, the new interior and exterior coating will improve overall water quality by preventing future corrosion.
MAP OF PROJECT AREA & PHOTO
During construction work hours, residents may observe more traffic than normal along Northwood Parkway as the contractor’s crew and equipment enters and exits the reservoir area.During the coating removal process (sand blasting) construction noise levels will elevate, but due to the remoteness of the tank, the noise level projection to nearby residents is expected to be low. The contractor’s onsite generators is expected to project low noise levels.
- Construction work began on March 16, 2020 and is now expected to be completed by the end of August 2020.
- Contractor’s access to the construction site is typically from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday for the duration of the project.
- Due to the remoteness of the project site, ambient noise to surrounding homes is expected to be subtle.
- Should work be required to be performed on a Saturday, advance notice will be given to residents.
- There is a potential for Saturday work on July 11, 2020 between 7:30 a.m. and 5:30 p.m.
- All work shall be limited to the reservoir property.
- As a reminder, construction trucks will be coming in and out of the reservoir site, residents within the vicinity of the project are advised to observe all safety signs posted at the construction work zone. Click here to view the most recent construction update.
Please contact Elaine Camia at email@example.com or call 805-449-2448 for specific questions.