The Rancho Conejo Biotech Area, located in Newbury Park, north of Hillcrest Drive and along Rancho Conejo Boulevard and Lawrence Drive has segments without sidewalks and crosswalks along the busy industrial and biotech zones. The City plans to provide pedestrian facilities within the Rancho Conejo Biotech Area with the main project objective installing the incomplete segments of sidewalk and to improve pedestrian safety within the project limits.
- Construction of incomplete sidewalk segments on:
- Teller Rd. (Lawrence Dr. to Marion St. - Approx. 1000’),
- Lawrence Dr. (approx. 700’ north of Hillcrest Dr.)
- Hillcrest Dr. (Mitchell Dr. to Approx. 1000’ west of Lawrence Dr.)
- Corporate Center Dr. (400’ west of Rancho Conejo Blvd.)
- Installation of crosswalks at:
- Mid-block on Lawrence Dr.
- Intersection of Hillcrest Dr. and Lawrence Dr.
- Corporate Center Dr. and Rancho Conejo Blvd. intersection
- Installation of Rapid Flashing Beacon and advance warning devices across Rancho Conejo Blvd. at Corporate Center Dr.
- Construction of bioswale on Hillcrest Dr and biodetention on Lawrence Drive to improve stormwater quality.
Project TimeframeDesign phase is currently in progress with expected completion in Summer 2023. Once the City receives Caltrans approval of the environmental document and issue a right of way certification in Winter 2023, the City will seek the allocation and obligation of federal funds by Summer 2024. Upon the approval of City Council, request for construction bids will be advertised. Construction phase is expected to begin in Fall 2024 and completed in Summer 2025.
$1,593,000 – Federal Covid Relief and Recovery Supplemental Appropriation (CRRSA) Grant
$1,600,000 – General Fund
This project will improve pedestrian access and safety, through the installation of sidewalks and improvement of pedestrian crossings with ADA compliant curb ramps. Additionally, this project will improve stormwater quality treatment.
To improve pedestrian safety, this project will install, within the project limits, incomplete sidewalk segments, construct bioswale to enhance stormwater treatment, install marked crosswalks, and enhanced crosswalk striping and Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacons (RRFB) on Rancho Conejo Blvd.
Masoud Razavi, PE