In January 2016, the City Council approved a recommendation by the Traffic and Transportation Advisory Commission to install Flashing Yellow Arrow signals at five intersections in the City.
What is the City doing?
Since May 2016, the City has installed flashing Yellow Arrow (FYA) Traffic Signals at protected left-turn intersections. To learn more, please watch a brief video.
Where is the City doing this work?
In addition to the five already installed, Flashing Yellow Arrow Left-Turn lights have been installed at the following locations:
- Moorpark Road at Lancer Way (Thousand Oaks High School)
- Moorpark Road at Park Oaks
- Hillcrest Drive at Marin Drive
- Hillcrest Drive at Skyline Drive
- Thousand Oaks Boulevard at Dallas Drive
- Thousand Oaks Boulevard at Duesenberg Drive
- Thousand Oaks Boulevard at Rancho Road
- Thousand Oaks Boulevard at Lakes Driveway
- Janss Road at Paige Lane
- Erbes Road at El Monte Drive / Marview Drive
- Ventu Park Road at Ramona Drive
- Borchard Road at Theresa Street
- Avenida do los Arboles at Kensington Avenue
- Agoura Road at Village Glen
- Reino Road @ Kimber Drive
- Reino Road @ Newbury Park Place
- Borchard Road@ Via Ricardo
- Via Rio @ Via Mirabella
- Moorpark Road @ Columbia Drive
- Moorpark Road @ Park Oaks
- Moorpark Road @ Janss Marketplace
- Thousand Oaks Boulevard @ Hodencamp
Why is the City doing this?
The FYA installations are in response to public requests to shorten wait times at signals operating with protected left-turn arrows. The FYA will reduce delays by permitting left-turns to occur after the steady green arrow is no longer displayed. During peak periods, the FYA may not be operational at all intersections to minimize left-turning conflicts with opposing through traffic.
Who can I contact if I have questions?
Please contact Robert Sweeting, Project Manager at Rsweeting@toaks.org or (805) 449-2438.