- The work includes site preparation, electrical infrastructure and the installation of three (3) dual-port Level 2 electric vehicle charging stations at the Newbury Park Library and four (4) dual-port Level 2 electric vehicle charging stations at the Grant Brimhall Library. Work also includes all civil and electrical infrastructure necessary for the charging stations including signage, pavement striping, ADA access ramps, switchboards, conduit, wire, site restoration incidental to construction operations, energizing, and coordination with Southern California Edison for power service.
- This project will benefit the residents of Thousand Oaks by providing public access to electric vehicle chargers and enabling a transition to clean electric vehicles.
- Visitors to the City’s two libraries may be temporarily inconvenienced during construction.
March 6, 2023 –July 31, 2024
513 Calendar Days
At Grant Brimhall Library, the installation of the EV infrastructure, ADA ramp, and parking lot striping has been completed. However, the City is still waiting for the delivery of the switchgear, which is expected by February 2024, to complete the project.
- Construction contract has been awarded to Preferred Power Solutions, Inc. from Bakersfield, CA in the amount of $237,250.
- The Project was included in the 2021-23 Construction Improvement Program Budget with funding from the Library Fund, SCE’s Charge Ready program, and California’s Electric Vehicle Infrastructure Project, CALeVIP.
- Installing EV charging stations in the library parking lots supports transportation electrification, reducing the use of fossil fuels and the community’s carbon emissions.
- Commitment to Clean Air and better health. Exhaust from gas- and diesel-powered vehicles contains a mix of toxic gases and chemicals that are harmful to human health. The City is aiding a transition to cleaner air by supporting a shift to zero-emission electric vehicles.
Map of Project Areas
- Borchard Road will have partial lane closure in the area near the Newbury Park library.
- Visitors to the Newbury Park and Grant Brimhall libraries will have slightly reduced parking during construction.
- No Parking Signs will be posted in advance of the work
Roner del Castillo, Project Manager
Shamir Shahamiri, CIP Division Manager
Helen Cox, Sustainability Division Manager
Elizabeth Perez, Facilities Manager