CI 5527 - Conejo Canyons Bridge at Hill Canyon Treatment Plant
The project includes construction of a steel bridge across the Arroyo Conejo Creek southwest of Hill Canyon Road in the Conejo Canyons Open Space area (COSCA). The construction of the bridge was identified as a high priority project for improving public access and is a key component of the trail system in the Conejo Canyons Open Space. It connects existing trails on either side of the creek and is a key link between Conejo Canyons and Wildwood Park.
The project construction is expected to start in September 2023 and will be completed by February 2024.
The total estimated project cost is $3,200,000 and is included in the adopted FY 2021-23 Capital Improvement Budget. The total cost will be partially offset by donation from Conejo Open Space Foundation and contribution from Conejo Recreation and Park District.
- Provides trail and vehicular access across the Arroyo Conejo Creek
- Allows trail users, including pedestrians, bicyclists and equestrians, to have a defined route between Santa Rosa Equestrian Park and Wildwood Canyon
- Provides emergency vehicular access out of Hill Canyon
- Provides a new direct and safe crossing for Public Works vehicles between the City’s Municipal Service Center (MSC) and HCTP
- COSCA Park Rangers will be able to use the bridge as needed, for maintenance and open space management
Project Manager Contact Information:
Saeed Zolfaghari, PE