Local business owners can learn crime prevention tips/techniques through the Business Watch Program offered by the Thousand Oaks Police Department Intelligence Led Policing (ILP). Features of the program include:
- Open communication to create an effective crime-fighting team
- Merchants can learn a number of crime prevention techniques to reduce the opportunities for crime at their businesses.
- Business owners become familiar with the resources available from the Thousand Oaks Police Department.
- In the near future, merchants who register with the program will be able to receive the following:
- CRIME ALERTS – Local merchants will receive E-mail notifications of various crimes that have occurred in their area, or that are germane to a particular type of business.
- Crime Prevention Publications and Tips
- TRAINING for Merchants and Employees-Topics: Burglary Prevention, Robbery Prevention and Protocol, Building Security/Video Surveillance, Merchandise Display and Layout strategies, Personal Safety, and Shoplifting Prevention
Register below and you’ll receive updated information on important information to assist in the safety and security of your business such as:
- Crime trends
- Ideas on how to fortify/target your business, protect yourself & customers, and protection of high-value products
- Training for owners and employees
Notifications will be sent to email address registered with Business Watch
For further information on the Business Watch Program, contact the Thousand Oaks Police Department Intelligence Led Policing Unit via email or (805)371-8362. Please fill out the form below to apply for the program. Farmers, ranchers, rural businesses, and commercial businesses can participate in the Owner Applied Number (OAN) Program to help protect their property.