Looking to begin or further your career in local government? The City of Thousand Oaks invites you to explore our career options.
- View Job Postings
- Select the position you are interested in to view the job information and to Apply Online
- Select Apply, then Login
- Create your personal profile (if not previously completed)
- Complete and submit the Employment Application and, if required, the Supplemental Questionnaire for the position by the noted deadline date and time stated in the job announcement
The City does not retain applications or resumes for positions that are not open for recruitment.
While we strongly encourage online applications, the Application for Employment is downloadable and available for submission to the City of Thousand Oaks. In order for your application to be considered, please ensure answers to any required supplemental questions are provided.
You can also view and apply for available positions at www.calopps.org
Subscribe to Email notification for job opportunities:
- Login to www.calopps.org
- Create your personal profile
- Follow information in Step 2 to receive email notifications
The selection process is designed to measure an applicant's knowledge, skills and abilities, and may consist of any combination of the following: application screening, written test, performance test, technical expertise, and/or an interview process.
An Eligibility List will be created consisting of candidates who have been successful in the initial selection process. An Eligibility List is typically valid for six months and utilized for vacancies that occur during the period of time the eligibility list is considered valid.
Types of Positions
- Full-time: A permanent position scheduled for 40 hours per week on an ongoing basis. Accrues full benefits
- Designated part-time (DPT): A permanent position scheduled for 20-30 hours per week on an ongoing basis. Accrues partial benefits.
- Hourly: A position scheduled for less than 20 hours per week. Does not accrue benefits.
- Limited-term: Generally a full-time position that is budgeted for a limited time frame.
Employee Benefits: The City of Thousand Oaks is pleased to provide full-time and designated part-time employees a comprehensive benefits package.
In order to qualify for Veteran’s Preference, a Form DD214 or other acceptable proof of service must be submitted by the deadline date/time noted in the job announcement. Any veteran who has successfully completed all phases of the recruitment process and is a candidate on an Eligibility List with the City shall be granted a final interview regardless of his or her ranking on the eligibility list, providing he/she meets the criteria for an eligible veteran.
The City of Thousand Oaks makes reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities to participate in the selection process. If you wish to request an accommodation in order to participate in the selection process, you must inform the Human Resources Department in writing no later than the final filing date. Applicants requesting an accommodation should document the request including the type and extent of accommodations requested to participate in the selection process and/or perform the duties of the job for which applied.
The City of Thousand Oaks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.