Paying Your Parking Citation
Below are the ways you can pay for your parking citation:
- Pay online at https://thousandoaksca.rmcpay.com/ (convenience fee applies)
- By phone at (805) 449-2201, extension 3. Please have citation number available.
- In-person at City Hall Finance Department
- Mail payment to address on citation
Registered vehicle owners of unpaid tickets will be mailed a courtesy reminder notice within one month of the citation date. If not paid after the due date on the notice, the ticket will be attached to your DMV registration in the amount of the citation, plus additional fees and penalties. Please refer to current User Fees.
Contesting a Citation
The State of California Department of Motor Vehicle Code mandates that anyone contesting a parking citation complete a full review process. City employees or the City Council cannot simply dismiss a parking citation. There is a standard appeal process that all citizens must follow.
You may contest your parking ticket within 21 days of the issuance of the citation or 14 days from the mailing date of the courtesy reminder notice. You can appeal online by visiting us online at https://thousandoaksca.rmcpay.com/and following instructions. You can also view photos of the violation (not available with all citations).
To learn more about contesting a parking ticket, please click HERE.
Requesting a Cancellation for Violation 4-3.417(a)?
If you received a City of Thousand Oaks parking citation for violation 4-3.417(a), but either your or your passenger possessed a valid disabled person placard, please click HERE to learn about how to request a cancellation.
Finance Public Services is here to help. Please contact us at (805) 449-2201. Our business hours are 7:30 AM to 5:00 PM Monday through Thursday and 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM alternate Fridays. City Hall is closed every other Friday.
You may qualify for a payment plan on your parking citation if the following criteria is met:
- Your monthly income is less than 125% of the federal poverty guidelines (https://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty-guidelines) or you are on a qualified government assistance program listed here:
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI) and State Supplementary Payment (SSP)
- California Work Opportunity and Responsibility to Kids Act (CalWORKs)
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program
- County Relief, General Relief (GR), or General Assistance (GA)
- Cash Assistance Program for Aged, Blind, and Disabled Legal Immigrants (CAPI)
- In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS)
- Application for qualification is received within 60 days from the issuance of the parking citation or within 10 days after the administrative decision is sent, whichever is later.
A minimum payment of $25 per month is required to maintain your payment plan. Please call Customer Service at (805) 449-2201 for further information or to obtain an application or download the application form here.