City Hall is closed to the public until further notice.
Building and Planning Services are available remotely.
(Updated May 5, 2020)
This page provides information on how to obtain building permits, schedule inspections, and submit planning project applications while City Hall is closed.
COVID-19 Construction Guidelines
To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, the City has issued protocols applicable to construction sites, construction workers, and home repair businesses.
Call (805) 449-2500 ext. 0 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Submit an Application:||
Building permit applications cannot be submitted online. All applications must be submitted using the correct permit application form and submitted by mail or dropped off at City Hall using our secured locker system.
We do, however, accept applications for the permit types listed below via email or fax.
Please call (805) 449-2500 or email us at email@example.com for further information.
- Residential fixture change out (service panel, water heater, A/C, bathroom fixture remodel, gas or sewer line replacement or repair)
- Small Solar PV with plans, specifications and calculations, if needed (see Solar PV webpage)
- Window change outs
- Retrofits with NO structural elements (with floor plan and window change out worksheet)
Residential remodels involving NO structural elements (with floor plan and/or site plan)
For access to handouts and other information, please visit the Building Division webpage.
- Inspections may only be requested online using Click2Gov or through the Interactive Voice Response system by calling (805) 449-2500, option 2, option 1. Inspection requests are not accepted by phone except through the Interactive Voice Response System.
- Building inspections are conducted between 8:00 AM and 3:00 PM Monday through Thursday and alternating Fridays. Two-hour time windows are not available at this time.
Call (805) 449-2323 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Submit an Application:||
Applications are currently being accepted online only, for more details, see below. If you are unable to submit online, please contact us.
Before submitting an application online, please call or email the Planning Division to ensure that you are submitting the correct type of application. Projects that require a planning application are being accepted online only (click here for available planning application forms). Applications submitted via email will not be accepted at this time.
Do not submit building permit applications using the online submittal form. Please see Building Permit section above for information on how to submit a building permit application.
After speaking with a planner, submit your application online using our online application submittal form. After submitting your application the Planning Division will contact you regarding payment of application fees and deposits.
For wireless applications, please call the Wireless Hotline at (805) 449-2343. A planner will call you to discuss your submittal options.
Planning is now accepting online credit card payments . Click the button below to make a payment:
Note: You cannot pay for a new application submittal until you have been contacted by staff with your project number.