Thousand Oaks, CAHome Menu
Adopt an Oak
The City offers this opportunity as an innovative way to raise funds for open space maintenance. You may adopt an oak in honor or memory of a loved one or business associate, and help support our City's 15,135 acres of public open space.
About the Program
- Participants can be individuals, service groups, businesses, or organizations.
- Adoptions can be a gift to an individual, a memorial, or to commemorate a special event.
- Adopted trees are on public land owned by the City, Conejo Recreation & Park District, or Conejo Open Space Conservation Agency.
- Funds raised through this program are deposited in an account to be used only for open space purposes.
- $250 level - certificate signed by Mayor plus your name on an outdoor plaque located on the third level of Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza,
- $500 level - all items at $250 level plus commemorative keepsake
- $1,000 level - all items at $500 level plus recognition at City Council meeting and photo of donor(s) with the adopted tree.
- Heritage Oak Trees - $10,000 level - all items at $1,000 level plus framed City Council commendation.
Criteria for "Adopt-an-Oak"
- At the $500 level and above, payments may be made in installments.
- Disclosure statements will inform those adopting oak trees on City or Conejo Recreation and Park District land that normal maintenance will be provided for trees and that trees that succumb to disease/drought & die will not be replaced. Those adopting trees on Conejo Open Space Conservation Agency land will be informed that the trees are part of a natural landscape and will receive no maintenance and that dead trees will not be replaced.
For more information call (805) 449-2500 or email email@example.com.