- Contact a planner at (805) 449-2323 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss your project and determine the appropriate applications to submit.
- Submit your application online through the Virtual Planning Counter.
- Once your application has been reviewed, you will be contacted with instructions to submit payment.
- If you are unable to submit your application online, please contact a planner to make arrangements to submit your application on a USB thumb drive. Please note that all applications must be submitted electronically as pdf files. Paper documents are no longer accepted.
- To submit an application for a wireless facility, please call (805) 449-2343. A planner will contact you to discuss your submittal.
Effective June 29, 2020, project applicants are responsible for posting Notice of Application/Hearing signs at project sites.
Effective September 1, 2020, all project applications must be submitted electronically.
- All applications forms, plans, and other documents must be submitted electronically as pdf files.
- Paper documents are no longer accepted.
- Applicants are encouraged to submit online. Applicants that are unable to submit online are required to submit pdf files on a USB drive.
- Applicants preparing paper plans and documents will be required to have the documents scanned to pdf files prior to submittal.
Planning Application Forms
- AGREEMENT FOR PAYMENT (Mandatory for all Applications that Require a Deposit)
- Accessory Dwelling Unit (For more information, click here.)
- Administrative Action (not Mobile Business)
- Annual Tree Pruning Transmittal
- Acknowledgement of Risk/Waiver
- Appeal of an Administrative Decision to the Planning Commission
- Appeal of a Planning Commission Decision to the City Council
- Block Party Permit
- Certificate of Compliance
- Density Bonus & Affordable Development Application
- Design Review (updated 12/2017)
- Development Permit, Special Use Permit or Major Modification To
- Farm Animal Permit
- Film Permit
- Garage Sale Permit for Multiple Residences/Boutique
- General Plan Amendment
- Grading Design Review
- Home Occupation Permit
- Landscape Plan Check (updated 4/2018)
- Lot Line Adjustment
- Minor Modification
- Mobile Business
- Municipal Code Amendment
- Notice of Application/Hearing Sign Posting Instructions and Affidavit
- Oak Tree Permit - Dead/Hazardous Tree (Type A)
- Oak/Landmark Tree Permit - Simple Pruning (Type B)
- Oak/Landmark Tree Permit - Remove and/or Prune Trees (Type C and D)
- Parcel Map Waiver
- Pre-Application Submittal
- Precise Plan of Design for Modifications to an Existing Home (updated 04/2018)
- Precise Plan of Design to Construct a New Home
- Request for Letter of Public Convenience and Necessity
- Residential Capacity Allocation/Prescreening
- Residential or Hillside Planned Development or Major Modification To
- Sale and Consumption of Alcoholic Beverages
- Sign Application and Instructions (updated 7/31/2018)
- Special Event Permit
- Tentative Tract Map, Land Division or Modification To
- Temporary Use Permit for Christmas Tree and Pumpkin Lots
- Underground Utility Waiver
- Variance or Major Modification To
- Wireless Communication Facility Application Package
- Wireless Communication Facility Application Package for 6409(a)
- Zone Change