Rental Assistance Programs

Share & Bookmark, Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Area Housing Authority

Administers subsidized housing programs in the City of Thousand Oaks, such as Section 8 vouchers/certificates, public housing and the Tenant Based Rental Assistance Program. For more information, contact the Area Housing Authority of Ventura County at (805) 480-9991 or (800) 800-2123 or visit

Many Mansions

Owns and manages affordable apartments within City limits and provides housing counseling and advice on tenant/landlord issues. For more information, contact Many Mansions at (805) 497-0344 or visit


Rent Control

The City of Thousand Oaks only has a Rent Stabilization Program for a small number of apartments units and all mobile homes. Apartment rent control does not apply to any tenant who moved into their apartment unit after 1987. Only apartment tenants who have lived in the same eligible rent controlled unit since 1987 are eligible for rent control. More...

List of Affordable Rental Units in Thousand Oaks


Within the City Thousand Oaks there are senior and family affordable apartment complex. Restrictions vary from site to site to site and complex may have no vacancy at this time. Please contact apartment complex directly for rental opportunities. More…

For more housing information, call (805) 449-2393 or email