Records Requests

Share & Bookmark, Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

Building Permits and Planning Files

Building permit and planning file histories for specific addresses are available online using the links below. Copies of building permit and planning file documents can be obtained by submitting a Records Request form as explained below.

SERVICE UPGRADE ANNOUNCEMENT: The Virtual Counter has been replaced with TO/24, the City’s new enhanced and integrated virtual service system.  Please follow the steps below to search for building permits and planning file histories.  We thank you for your patience and cooperation. For more information, please visit

Building Permit and Planning File History for Address:

  1. Go to the TO/24 Virtual Service Portal
  2. Click 'Search' or 'Search Public Records'
  3. Set the search method to 'All.'
  4. Enter the Street Number and Street Name
  5. Check the box next to 'Exact Phrase'
  6. Click 'Search'
  7. Results will be displayed.  The blue plan numbers can be clicked for more details.
  8. On the left side of the page under 'Filter Results' 'All,' 'Permit,' 'Plan,' or 'Inspection' can be selected.
  9. To save a spreadsheet of the results, click 'Export' to save as a CSV file.

 You may also click on 'Map' and search by address to view records.


Building Permit and Planning File Documents

  1. Download and complete the Records Request form
  2. Email the completed form to or mail the form to the Community Development Department
  3. The requested records will be sent via email. Please allow up to 10 days for us to respond to your request. If you wish to obtain paper copies of the documents, the City charges $0.15 per side per page for black and white copies up to 11x17 inches. If larger copies are requested, you will be charged the actual cost for reproduction.

Note regarding building plans: Due to copyright laws, copies of building plans (electronic or hard copy) cannot be provided without the express written consent of the property owner and the architect/engineer of record.  Persons requesting copies of such documents may view the plans to determine what is needed. The City will then contact the property owner and architect/engineer of record to request permission to provide copies of the plans.  Once notified, the architect/engineer of record has 30 days to respond to the request.  If no response is received, copies of the requested plans will be provided.

For additional information, contact the Community Development Department at (805) 449-2500.