|Access Click-to-Gov Here|
|Please visit our Virtual Counter for information on how to access Building services, get permits, submit applications, and obtain general information.|
Building Permit Application Options
- Some Building Permit applications may be submitted via email or fax. See below for more information.
- Applications not listed below must be submitted via our secure locker system (appointments for lockers are made by emailing email@example.com.
- All applications must include completed application forms with required signatures.
Applications via email or fax are accepted for the following types of applications ONLY:
- Replacement of water heaters and plumbing fixtures such as toilets and sinks
- Repair or replacement of gas, water, or sewer lines
- Replacement of electric services up to and including 200 amps
- Minor electrical work such as adding outlets, switches, or light fixtures.
- Installation or replacement of furnaces and HVAC units in existing dwellings
- For A/C installation/changeout, you must submit a site plan showing the equipment location with lot dimensions and unit distance from property line
- Reroofs (you must have the material used and square footage listed on the application)
- Small Solar PV with plans, specifications and calculations, if needed (see Solar PV page for more information)
- EV Charging Station (see EV Charger Station page for more information)
- Window change outs
- Retrofits with NO structural elements (with floor plan and window change out worksheet)
- Residential remodels involving NO structural elements (with floor plan and/or site plan)
The Building Division will attempt to have the permit processed for the application types listed above as soon as possible, provided the request is received during normal business hours. (Issued permits are returned via mail.)
Payment for Permit:
City staff will contact you for payment information. Prior to permit issuance, you must pay all associated fees. You can pay your fees by Visa or Mastercard online at CLICK-TO-GOV. Search by either application (permit) number or property address, to find any associated fees. Once paid, contact City staff at (805) 449-2320 or firstname.lastname@example.org to complete the permit process. Issued permits are returned via mail or held for pick-up upon request.
NOTE: For your security, do not write your credit card information on the application.