Building Permit Application Options
- All applications must include completed application forms with required signatures.
Online applications and digital plans are accepted online starting November 14, 2022. Permit types include but are not limited to:
- Replacement of water heaters and plumbing fixtures such as toilets and sinks
- Repair or replacement of gas, water, or sewer lines
- Replacement of electric services up to and including 200 amps
- Minor electrical work such as adding outlets, switches, or light fixtures.
- Installation or replacement of furnaces and HVAC units in existing dwellings
- For A/C installation/changeout, you must submit a site plan showing the equipment location with lot dimensions and unit distance from property line
- Small Solar PV with plans, specifications and calculations, if needed (see Solar PV page for more information)
- EV Charging Station (see EV Charger Station page for more information)
The Building Division will attempt to have the permit processed for the application types listed above as soon as possible, provided the request is received during normal business hours.
Payment for Permit:
City staff will contact you for payment information. Prior to permit issuance, you must pay all associated fees. You can pay your fees by Visa or Mastercard online. Search by either application (permit) number or property address, to find any associated fees. Once paid, contact City staff at (805) 449-2320 or email@example.com to complete the permit process. Issued permits are for pick-up . (We will no longer be mailing out permits unless there are extenuating circumstances and prior arrangements are made.)
NOTE: For your security, do not write your credit card information on the application.