Please say no to panhandlers.
It's natural to want to help, but giving to panhandlers keeps them from connecting with services and may contribute to a continued life on the streets.
Moving out of homeless takes integrated support and resources; by supporting long-term solutions, you can help make a difference.
Say yes to charity, no to panhandling because:
- It keeps people from connecting with available resources
- It may be supporting drug or alcohol addition
- It creates friction with local businesses
- It takes the focus off lasting solutions
- It encourages more panhandling
- It further isolates individuals experiencing homelessness
HERE'S WHERE YOU CAN DONATE LOCALLY:
*note - must list Thousand Oaks as specific area to donate locally
LEARN ABOUT HOMELESS RESOURCES SERVING THE THOUSAND OAKS AREA.