Thousand Oaks, CAHome Menu
Community Attitude Survey
The 2023 Survey is now live! Please visit https://secure3.surveynetwork.com/toaks/ to access the survey. Your postcard contains two passcodes for your household. If you have additional adults in your household and would like an additional passcode, please call 805-449-2121,
If you have received a text, postcard, or phone call from True North Research, we appreciate you taking a few moments to provide your valued feedback. If you have questions about materials or messages you have received about the survey, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 805-449-2121.
The City of Thousand Oaks has conducted a Community Attitude Survey every five years since 1968 to sample resident satisfaction and sentiment on a variety of important community issues. The survey provides data that is used by City Council and City staff when setting goals and prioritizing projects for the future. In 2013, the City increased the frequency of this survey to every two years. In today's environment, a five-year interval is simply too long a span to measure fluctuations in community sentiment and priorities. In May 2020 another survey of 690 randomly selected adult residents was conducted using phone and online methods.
The survey is managed by True North Research Company, a firm specializing in the measurement of community satisfaction, and is conducted in two stages. Stage one includes a Thousand Oaks resident random sample phone and online survey. Stage two consists of a supplemental web version of the same telephone survey open to all adult Thousand Oaks residents. Postcards with PIN #'s are mailed to all residents with online survey instructions.
Past Survey Reports
- 2020 Community Attitude Survey Research Report
- 2020 Community Attitude Supplemental Online Survey Results
- 2017 Community Attitude Survey Research Report (stage one)
- 2017 Community Attitude Survey Results (stage two)
- 2017 Community Attitude Survey (stage two, cross tabulations)
- 2015 Community Attitude Survey Research Report (stage one)
- 2015 Community Attitude Supplemental Online Survey Results (stage two)
- 2013 Community Attitude Survey Research Report
- 2013 Community Attitude Supplemental Online Survey Results
- 2009 Community Attitude Survey Research Report
- 2009 Community Attitude Supplemental Online Survey Results
- 2004 Attitude Survey