ON-LINE STATE of California Voter Registration - Forms also available at City Clerk Department
To register to vote in California, you must be:
- A United States citizen,
- A resident of California,
- 18 years of age or older on Election Day,
- Not in prison, on parole, serving a state prison sentence in county jail, serving a sentence for a felony pursuant to subdivision (h) of Penal Code section 1170, or on post release community supervision (for more information on the rights of people who have been incarcerated, please see the Secretary of State's Voting Rights for Californians with Criminal Convictions or Detained in Jail or Prison), and
- Not found by a court to be mentally incompetent.
The deadline to register or re-register to vote for any election is 11:59:59 p.m. Pacific Time on the fifteen calendar days before that election. The deadline for 2020 is October 19, 2020. If you submit an application after this time, your application will still be processed for future elections.
What You Will Need to register online:
- Your California driver license or California identification card number
- The last four digits of your social security number and
- Your date of birth
Your information will be provided to the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to retrieve a copy of your DMV signature. If you do not have a California driver license or California identification card, you can still use this form to apply to register to vote by completing the online interview by 11:59:59 p.m. Pacific Time on the 15th calendar day before an election. For more information on registering to vote you may want to visit the Secretary of State's Frequently Asked Questions.