ON-LINE STATE of California Voter Registration - Forms also available at City Clerk Department
To register to vote in California, you must be:
- A United States citizen,
- A resident of California,
- 18 years of age or older on Election Day,
- Not currently serving a state or federal prison term for the conviction of a felony, and
- Not currently found by a court to be mentally incompetent to vote.
To vote at an In-Person Voting Location on Election Day, or to receive your ballot in the mail, you must register no less than 15 days before the election (October 24, 2022, for the November 8, 2022, election). If you submit an application after this time, your application will still be processed for future elections.
What You Will Need to register online:
- Your California driver license or California identification card number
- The last four digits of your social security number and
- Your date of birth
Your information will be provided to the California Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) to retrieve a copy of your DMV signature. If you do not have a California driver license or California identification card, you can still use this form to apply to register to vote by completing the online interview by 11:59:59 p.m. Pacific Time on the 15th calendar day before an election. For more information on registering to vote you may want to visit the Secretary of State's Frequently Asked Questions.