A rich diversity of businesses provide the area with a strong and stable economic foundation and a variety of opportunities for our workforce. Thousand Oaks is also home to many entrepreneurs and welcomes small business to the area.
Thousand Oaks Business Snapshot
- There are an estimated 360,000 Thousand Oaks shoppers from the cities of Thousand Oaks, Westlake Village, Agoura Hills, Camarillo, Moorpark and Calabasas as well as the adjacent unincorporated areas.
- The Thousand Oaks median household income is over $103,000 (Southern California Association of Governments -2019 Local Profile).
- The local retail buying market area is approaching $3.5 billion, evidenced by the continued strength of The Oaks Mall, Janss Marketplace, and theThousand Oaks Auto Mall, one of the world's largest auto malls.
- The Oaks Mall includes three major anchor stores: Nordstrom, Macy's, and JC Penney, plus 180 other high-quality shops, a food court and a 14-screen Muvico theater.
- The Janss Marketplace, a smaller regional shopping center, is anchored by Nordstrom Rack, Dave and Buster's, Burlington Coat Factory, and Old Navy. The mall also features many restaurants, a food court, a 9-screen Regal cineplex and is continuing to add regional and national stores to its mix.
- Numerous smaller shopping centers, such as The Promenade at Westlake, The Lakes at Thousand Oaks, Westlake Plaza, and North Ranch Mall, also offer diverse shopping choices.
- Residents and visitors enjoy fine dining at many local restaurants while hotels, such as the Hyatt Westlake, offer luxury accommodations.
For more information, please contact the City's Economic Development Manager Haider Alawami at (805) 449-2135.