Important Information About Fire Recovery Resources
Where Do I Get Information?
Please register at www.venturacountyrecovers.org to receive important updates. This is your primary resource, with information on all aspects of recovery. This site includes Spanish language information.
- The City of Thousand Oaks Website www.toaks.org
City-specific information (our goal is to reflect most City information on the VenturaCountyRecovers.org site)
- Thousand Oaks property owners with damaged or destroyed homes can visit the City's recovery page for forms and resources
How Can I Protect My Property from Rain and Debris Flow?
Pre-filled sandbags are available at the City's Municipal Service Center located at 1993 Rancho Conejo Blvd. (Visitor's Parking Lot). Residents can also fill their own sandbags at any Ventura County Fire Station during public operating hours. LA County residents can get sandbags at the following sites. The attached HomeOwners Guide explains how to effectively use sandbags and has other important information.
How do I Replace Documents, File Claims, Find Support?
- County Clerk and Recorder in Thousand Oaks
Offices at Thousand Oaks City Hall can help residents replace vital records
- Property damage in Ventura County: Visit toaks.org/firedamage
- The Ventura County Disaster Recovery Center is now closed. Los Angeles County support is available:
Conrad L. Hilton Foundation
30440 Agoura Road
Agoura Hills, CA 91301
Mondays – Saturdays
10:00 a,m, – 8:00 p.m.
What Help is Available Specifically for Businesses?
- Attend the Business Information Meeting on January 31st. Click here for more information.
- Download Quick Guides to help Chambers and Small Businesses hit by a disaster. 888-MY-BIZ-HELP (888-692-4943)\
- The Economic Development Collaborative of Ventura County (EDC-VC) has a links to disaster recovery resources on their website
- Thousand Oaks business owners who have City-related questions can contact Rosie Ornelas in the City's Economic Development department at (805) 449-2121