The Day is Near!! 14 Days ‘til the Ride of Silence 2021.
May 2021. We are only two weeks away from the 2021 RIDE OF SILENCE!! This will be the 13th year for the event in the City of Thousand Oaks. The Thousand Oaks Ride of Silence is part of a world-wide event uniting bicyclists globally in honoring those who have been injured or killed while cycling on public roadways. Thus, the ride raises awareness of cyclists’ presence on roads and encourages motorists to share the road.
This slow-pace, 10-mile annual ride will be conducted differently this year in order to comply with CA COVID-19 regulations:
- Participants must preregister online and sign the liability waiver in order to participate.
- The time start has been moved up to depart at 6:00 p.m.Please be unloaded and lined up by 5:45p.m.
- Masks will be required of all participants whenever they are not actively riding.
- To ensure social distancing all riders will be directed to bring their bikes to the departure line IMMEDIATELY.
- There will be no speakers, armbands or paper waiver this year.
- Helmets are required to be worn during the ride.
- A safety briefing will be given before rolling out, and together everyone will recite the RIDE OF SILENCE poem.
- RULES OF THE ROAD APPLY.The Thousand Oaks Police Department will be present but will not be escorting the cyclists.
DATE: Wednesday, May 19, 2021
START TIME: 6:00 pm SHARP - Come at least 15 MINUTES early to get ready and line up
LOCATION: Pedals & Pints Brewing Company, 156 Hillcrest Drive, east end of the Oaks Mall parking lot, Thousand Oaks
Free event but preregistration is required - International Ride of Silence Thousand Oaks Tickets, Wed, May 19, 2021 at 5:45 PM | Eventbrite