101/23 Freeway Interchange Improvements
Community Presentation Opportunity
The Project Team continues to provide regular project updates via email and this website. If you or your organization would like a presentation, please contact Marisa Campos, Community Liaison at (805) 371-7766 or email@example.com or City Project Manager Mike Tohidian at firstname.lastname@example.org or (805) 449-2516.
|Project Funding and Status:
This project is funded with $20.81 million in state and federal grants and is supported by a $12.02 million loan from the City of Thousand Oaks. Construction started in March 2014 and will take approximately two years to complete. for additional details, please review the Project Fact Sheet.
- Add a lane to the southbound SR-23/northbound US 101 connector
- Construct sound walls along the US 101 at various locations
- Add a lane to the northbound and southbound US 101 freeway at various locations
- Widen three bridges (nortbound side only) - Hampshire Road, Moorpark Road
and Conejo School Road
- Realign Moorpark Road northbound on-ramp and add a lane to the Moorpark Road
- Realign Hampshire Road northbound on and off-ramps
- Relieve existing traffic chokepoint at US 101 / SR 23
- Improve traffic safety and operations at the interchange
- Improve local traffic flow as well as regional commutes
- Enhance air quality and facilitate commerce