Many services and programs exist to help residents live a greener life. You can check any product on the Good Guide to see how it rates in terms of health and environmental impact. There are also many rebates available for energy and water saving devices. Other greening programs and tips include:
- Support our Thousand Oaks Certified Green Businesses.
- Buying Green
- All About Hazardous Materials in Your Home and Making Your Home Safer with Alternative Products
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Garden Resources
- Controlling Pests in and outside your home (Integrated Pest Management)
- Alternative Fuel Vehicles and Electric Vehicle Charging Stations
- Junk Mail Reduction
- Document Shredding
- Reuse Resources & Donation Centers
The City of Thousand Oaks uses a monthly eNewsletter, news blog and social media channels to keep residents informed about the latest environmental news, events, and programs.