In order to improve public safety and provide additional protection to private property, the City of Thousand Oaks will be installing a median and timber guardrail at the intersection of Avenida De Los Arboles and Big Sky Drive.
Spring 2017 - Fall 2017.
The Project budget is $100,000, and is solely funded from Developer Fees.
The final approved improvement are expected to better alert motorists that westbound Avenida de los Arboles turns right onto Big Sky Drive, and keep errant vehicles in the street. In addition, it will provide additional improvements and enhancements to address citizen concerns.
- This project is a safety improvement project that was proposed and supported by the local community.
- The extended portion of the median island serves as a barrier for errant westbound vehicle up to Bright Star Circle, and will allow for larger traffic signs to better alert traffic that Avenida de los Arboles turns right onto Big Sky Drive.
- Narrowed westbound lane is expected to reduce approach speeds.
- Increased separation with bike lane increases safety for cyclists occupying bike lane.
- The Median opening allows for convenient left-turn into Wildwood Park, as well as U-turns.
- The No Parking zone maintains intersection visibility during peak periods.
- No impacts to the existing median landscaping.
The proposed improvements will be presented to the City’s Traffic Commission on July 19th, 2017.
For questions or concerns please contact Jim Mashiko, Project Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (805) 449-2452