About The Project
The City of Thousand Oaks is working with local utility companies to remove approximately 1.5 miles of overhead electrical wires and 48 electrical poles along Thousand Oaks Boulevard, from Duesenberg Drive to Westlake High School at Via Merida.
Construction started in March 2016, and will continue through Spring 2017. During that time, you may notice periodic lane closures and traffic congestion along Thousand Oaks Boulevard as the utility lines are relocated underground. Residents and businesses in the project area will be notified in advance of construction activity and closures. The project is being primarily funded by Redevelopment Agency bond proceeds, along with a contribution from the General Fund.
- Construction Notification 10-21-16
- Construction Notification 10-14-16
- Construction Notification 10-7-16
- Construction Notification 9-30-16
The City's Division Manager of Capital Projects Nader Heydari discussed the Thousand Oaks Boulevard Undergrounding Project on the latest edition of Talk of the Town.
Project Area Map
Project BenefitsIncreased safety
Improved pedestrian and ADA access
Limit future tree topping
Provides room for Westlake High School future stadium expansion
- Periodic lane closures during construction along Thousand Oaks Boulevard.
- Nearly all utility boxes, switches, and transformers will be placed underground.
- Residents and businesses nearby will be notified of construction activity or closures in advance.
- Portions of the work will be completed at night, to minimize traffic impacts.
Here you can find relevant, up-to-date information to stay informed about the Thousand Oaks Blvd Undergrounding project. Media representatives should also feel free to utilize any of the information found in this toolkit.
- Press Release [PDF]
- Mailer [PDF]
- Brochure [PDF]
- Preliminary Construction Hours [PDF]
- Project Map [PDF]
- Contact Card [PDF]
- Additional Project Simulations & Photos [PDF]
- Project Email: UndergroundTOB@toaks.org
- Project Hotline: (805)228-9020
- Facebook: facebook.com/CityofThousandOaks
- Twitter: twitter.com/cityofto
- Undergrounding Schematic No 1 [PDF] (2.23 MB)