Crime prevention begins with you. It is important that you have the knowledge to eliminate the opportunity to commit crime before it happens. This section includes a wealth of information to learn how to protect you and your family from becoming a victim of crime. Please join us to make this City a safer place to live and work.
Crime Prevention Programs
Crime Prevention Tips
- Active Shooter Scenario Tips
- A Guide for Identity Theft Prevention and Reporting
- Child Lures Prevention - Parent Guide
- Home Safety During the Summer
- How to Protect Your Home From Burglary and Other Property Crimes
- Know the Red Flags
- Robbery Prevention
- Safety Tips for Protecting Your Commercial Properties
- Vacation Security
- Vehicle Security
- What Parents and Children Need to Know
Citizens in the community are encouraged to volunteer vital information to help law enforcement agencies fight against crime. Callers can remain anonymous and are eligible to receive a cash reward if the information provided leads to an arrest or grand jury indictment of a felony offender.
To report a crime please call 1-800-222-TIPS
If you have additional questions, please feel free to contact the Thousand Oaks Police Department’s Crime Prevention Bureau at (805) 371-8329.
Senior Deputy Damian Alvarez