Residential Water and/or Wastewater customers who participate in the CARE program with Southern California Edison or SoCal Gas company may be eligible for a credit on their City of Thousand Oaks utility bill.
Welcome to the City of Thousand Oaks Online Services via Click2Gov. The City is pleased to present our citizens with this secure site which offers a convenient and quick way to access City services anytime. The City currently offers access to the following services online:
Using this free service, utility customers can:
- Make payments for your City Water and Wastewater bill using your checking account, credit card, or debit card (Visa or MasterCard only).
- View your account information (balance, payment, billing history, consumption history & service summary)
- Sign up for paperless billing
- Sign up for automatic payments
Your account number, cycle/route number, and an active e-mail address are all you need to access your information. Your account number and cycle/route number are printed on your utility bill. To access online utility billing, click the "Pay Now" link above.
Sign Up For New Service or Terminate Existing Service
For new water and/or wastewater service or to request termination of service, contact Public Services at (805) 449-2201. Signups and terminations can be completed as soon as the next business day.
Office hours are: Monday – Thursday, 7:30 am - 5:00 pm, Alternate Fridays, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm (closed alternate Fridays)
For water emergencies after hours contact our Public Works department at: (805) 432-7078
About Your Water/Wastewater Bill
Every two months the City of Thousand Oaks reads your water meter to find out how much water has been used during the period. (Commercial customers meters may be read each month.) The service charge is a minimum, bimonthly charge determined by the service size, plus the cost of water actually used. The City is one of four local water purveyors. Wastewater-only is billed a flat-rate amount every two months.
Sign up for Paperless Billing/E-billing
Help save paper by signing up for paperless billing! To receive your bills by e-mail, you may sign up by logging into your account on Click2Gov or by calling Public Services at (805) 449-2201.
Payment Due Date
Payment is due upon receipt of the bill. The bill is past due 31 days after the billing date on the statement. Failure to pay in a timely manner may result in disconnection of water service. To start service again, the outstanding bill and a reconnection fee must be paid. If you have questions or wish additional information concerning your bill, please contact the Finance Department, Public Services by calling (805) 449-2201.
How to Pay
You can pay your water/wastewater bill several ways:
- At the Public Services Counter in the Finance Department, located on the second floor of the Civic Arts Plaza/City Hall Monday - Thursday, 7:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and alternating Fridays 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- At the Drop Box located in the short-term parking lot outside City Hall.
- By calling (805) 449-2600 to pay by Visa or Mastercard.
- By credit card using Click2Gov to access your account.
- By automatic debit from your checking account (see below)
Automatic Debit from Checking Account
The City is able to process an automatic deduction from your checking account 15 days after the billing date. Using automatic debit is:
- Accurate - Only the amount owed is deducted from your bank account.
- Economical - It is free. And, you eliminate check charges and postage since payment is automatic.
- Convenient - Instead of writing a check every time you pay your water/wastewater bill, your bank will transfer the amount you owe to the City of Thousand Oaks. You will continue to receive a regular statement from the City to inform you of the amount to be deducted and your water usage.
To participate in this service, simply:
- Register and/or log in to your account using Click2Gov
- Select your account
- Choose auto debit from the menu selection
- Carefully add your checking account information
Alternately, you may fill out the form, attach a pre-printed voided check from your account and return the form and voided document to:
City of Thousand Oaks - Finance Department
2100 Thousand Oaks Blvd.
Thousand Oaks, CA 91362
You may download the Direct Debit form using Adobe Acrobat Reader.
If you have any questions or wish additional information concerning this program, please contact the Finance Department, Public Services by calling (805) 449-2201.
Reading Your Meter
Reading your water meter will tell you how much water you're using and whether you have a leak. Most meters are located near the curb in front of your home or business, under a concrete lid.
Billing units are in hundred cubic feet "HCF"; to obtain HCF, read all digits except the last two. Subtract your last reading from the current reading to determine your use in hundred cubic feet. To convert your usage to gallons, multiply by 750 (one hundred cubic feet (1 HCF) equals 748 gallons). To check for leaks, turn off all water inside and outside your residence -- if the flow indicator (colored plastic triangle on the face of the meter) moves or rotates, then you have a water leak.
Always replace the concrete cover, even if you'll "only be gone a minute."
Click to view water conservation information.