Alliance for the Arts/Support the Arts
The Alliance for the Arts mission statement is: To provide "leadership" in developing the Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza as the principal cultural center of our community for the performing and visual arts. "Leadership" is defined by: Fundraising, Advocacy, Grants & Allocations, Performing & Visual Arts Education, Arts Awards & Recognition, and Marketing & Promotions.
The Alliance for the Arts is the official nonprofit fundraising arm of the Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza.
Each year, the Alliance provides approximately $750,000 in cash and in-kind services in support of the Fred Kavli and Scherr Forum Theatres operations, marketing and programming efforts. These funds are distributed as follows:
- $250,000 cash is provided to the Theatres to cover administration, theatrical performances and the facility;
- $350,000 of in-kind support for marketing, advertising, community and public relations of the performances held in the Fred Kavli and Scherr Forum Theatres;
- $150,000 + in support of nonprofit performing arts groups who perform at the center;
- Additional funding to support arts outreach for underserved communities.
What We Do Subsidize theatre operational costs to keep ticket prices affordable.
- Provide funding for local nonprofit performing arts groups who perform on the Fred Kavli Theatre and Scherr Forum stages.
- Provide access to the arts with free bus transportation and tickets for underserved children and families.
- Provide funding to subsidize world-class artistic productions.
- Provide annual contributions of cash and in-kind support for the marketing, advertising, community and public relations of the Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza.
- Provide funding support to the Theatres, theatrical productions and the facility.
Why We Need The Arts
- Exercising great moral influence, the arts speak to intuitive truths. The arts raise our spirits and nourish our lives. They reflect who we are and give voice to the full range of human experience. The arts have the power to heal and to delight, offering a quality of life for our children and ourselves. When we invest in the arts, we are investing in the fundamental health enrichment and well-being of the community.
The Alliance office is open 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday - Friday
and is located to the left of Thousand Oaks Civic Arts Plaza/City Hall Lobby, 2100 E. Thousand Oaks Blvd., Thousand Oaks, CA 91362.
For more information, please call (805) 449-2590.
| || |