The rich diversity of businesses provides the area with a strong and stable economic foundation and a variety of local employment opportunities. Thousand Oaks is also home to many entrepreneurs and welcomes small business to the area.
Thousand Oaks Business Snapshot
- There are an estimated 360,000 Thousand Oaks shoppers. This includes the cities of Thousand Oaks, Westlake Village, Agoura Hills, Camarillo, Moorpark and Calabasas along with the adjacent unincorporated areas.
- The Thousand Oaks median income is more than $100,000 (2014 US Census Bureau).
- The local retail buying market area is approaching $3.5 billion, evidenced by the continued strength of The Oaks Mall, Janss Marketplace, Thousand Oaks Auto Mall, one of the world's largest auto malls, and other
- The Oaks Shopping Center includes three major anchor stores: Nordstrom, Macy's, and JC Penney, plus 180 other high-quality shops, a food court and an 14-screen Muvico theater.
- The Janss Marketplace, a smaller regional shopping center includes Sears, Nordstrom Rack, DWS, Toys-R-Us, and Old Navy as anchor stores. The mall also features a food court and a 9-screen cineplex and is adding a number of regional and national stores to its mix.
- Numerous smaller shopping centers, such as The Promenade at Westlake, The Lakes at Thousand Oaks, Westlake Plaza, and North Ranch Mall, also offer diverse shopping choices.
- Residents and visitors enjoy fine dining at many local restaurants while many hotels, such as the Hyatt Westlake, offer luxury accommodations.
For more information please contact the City's Economic Development Manager Haider Alawami at (805) 449-2135.