Arbor Earth Day Outside activities
Arbor/Earth Day Outside Activities
In addition to the main presentations inside the Community Room there are a number of other activities for residents to enjoy on April 28th.
Taco Truck - Grab a bite at the Taco Truck (includes vegetarian options).
Drive 'n' Ride Electric Vehicles – Electric vehicles (EV) and fuel cell cars will be on display and many of them will be available for the public to drive between 9:00 am and 1:00 pm.
SCE Mobile Exhibit– Learn about energy conservation opportunities and rebates at the mobile exhibit sponsored by SCE.
Get Artistic - A mixed media event hosted by CReATE Studio for kids and the young at heart to create crafts from recycled materials free of charge from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm. Senator Henry Stern will join kids in activities at 11:00 am.
Plant Sale – Organic plants for sale by the Organic Garden Club of Ventura County.
Friends of the Library – Pick up a used book at a Friends of the Library sale or donate your used books to help support the Thousand Oaks libraries.
Ask a Question – Resources will be here!
- The Master Gardeners of Ventura County volunteers will be on site to answer questions and give away free plants while available.
- Sustainability Team – Stop by and ask about water conservation, disposal of waste, how to go solar or just to settle that long-running argument with your loved one on what goes into the recycling bin!
- TO Transit - Are you interested in knowing more about public transit? Have you ever wondered where the bus runs, how to transfer between bus systems or use Dial-A-Ride? Stop by the City’s transit booth or the Ventura County Transportation Commission table and have all your questions answered.
- Conejo Open Space Conservation Agency (COSCA) – Stop by for information on our Open Space from the folk who own and manage it.
- Conejo Open Space Foundation – Information and handouts from those who volunteer to support our Open Space. Maybe you’d like to volunteer too!
Give us your opinion!
- Active Transportation Plan Survey – Give us your ideas on how to improve routes for walking and biking. The City’s Bicycle Coordinator staff will be on hand to answer your questions, and help you navigate the City on your bike.
- Ventura County Regional Energy Alliance – How will the City of Thousand Oaks plan for the community's energy future? Tell us the resources you’d like to see to help you become more energy efficient in your home, reduce energy consumption across the City, and provide easy access for everyone to solar and other renewable energy.